The OMG Universal Fastener (#14) is designed to secure edge metal systems and single-ply membrane to wood, structural concrete and 18 to 22 Ga. (1.25 to 0.75 mm) steel substrates. This is a 1½-in. long, Factory Mutual approved fastener for edge metal systems.
Features & Benefits
- Heavier shank and thread diameters for maximum strength.
- Deep thread for high pullout resistance.
- Extra sharp gimlet point for quick installation into wood substrates through pre-punched holes.
- In concrete applications, fastener may be reversed out of predrilled hole without damaging the substrate.
- Low profile head minimizes fastener profile behind edge caps.
- #3 square drive provides high torque capability.
Designed as the ultimate fastener used for attaching edge metal systems directly to the substrate.
The combination of the gimlet point and the #3 square drive provides high torque and easy wood boring. For wood, the minimum allowable penetration is 1-in. (25 mm).
For structural concrete 1-in. (25 mm) embedment is the minimum allowable. Pre-drill a 3⁄16-in. (5 mm) pilot hole at least ½-in. (13 mm) deeper than the fastener embedment using a carbide tip SDS or straight shank bit.
Note: Care must be taken not to overdrive the fastener. For best results, use a variable speed 0-2500 RPM screw gun.
The OMG Universal Fastener is provided exclusively with orders of OMG Edge products, and not sold separately.
Thread Diameter: .245-in. (6.2mm)
Shank Diameter: .190-in. (4.8mm)
Head Diameter: .500-in. (12.4 mm)
OMG CR-10 corrosion resistant coating passes the corrosion requirements of FM Approval Standard 4470 and ETAG 006.
#3 Phillips bit included in each carton.